June 2016

June 2016

7.08.2010

Pioneer Trek

The worst of times...the best of times...the dirtiest of times...

Gerald and I had the opportunity to be a Ma and Pa for the Pioneer Trek. Devin and Trevor were also part of the Trek and if you were to ask any of us how it went... we'd all have a different response.
Trevor would tell you that he would have never made it as a Pioneer and you'll never see him on another Trek... but his Ma and Pa were pretty cool and had good snacks.
Devin would tell you..."Read my 5 page journal excerpt...I sound just like Joseph Smith. It was so cool except for when I rolled down the hill and found every sticker and thorn inside my overalls!"
Gerald had everyone of his new family members nick named and whooped into shape by the first 30 minutes.
I was in awe of the reality I felt being a Pioneer and the daily obstacles they had to overcome. An awesome experience! We all spent a few days talking about our own experiences, laughing and sharing our new found love and appreciation for the pioneers. However, there is a reason they only do this trek every 4 years...




No comments:

Post a Comment