June 2016

June 2016

7.10.2010

Mom's Are Human Too

There are times in a mothers life when we realize we are human. This became a realization when Devin and I showed up 7 hours late for a very much anticipated appointment at the DMV! Devin's excitement was crushed when he was told he missed his behind the wheel driving appointment and his only option was to make another appointment later in the month (he was less than thrilled with his mother). As I began to turn to apologize, I was abruptly cut off with a ...""Don't even say it Mom." There was no arguing... I couldn't change what had just happened and nothing that I could say would make it better. We rode home in silence as I thought about how I should have or could have done a few things differently earlier that day to prevent the mix-up.

There are also times in a mothers life when your children completely surprise you with their ability to overcome obstacles in their life and move ahead! Upon returning home Devin disappeared in the house and I immediately began to research when another appointment at the DMV would be available. Not but 15 min. had passed and Devin engulfed me in a hug saying, "It's no big deal Mom". He had rearranged his date plans for the night and put the past behind him just like that. Man, I really love that kid!

I was able to schedule an appointment for one week later and on July 6th, Devin received his drivers license. Maybe if he had taken his test one week earlier he wouldn't have had Lupe as his instructor? She was so darn cute we had to have a picture with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment