June 2016

June 2016

3.04.2014

Life's Rewards

Throughout life there are small and simple rewards that come your way that make the not so fun days of parenting worth while. An apology, a hug, a cute text filled with fun emojis, all simple gestures that go such a long way when coming from a teenager! The other day I was so flaming upset with Trevor I really wanted to kick him! I get so tired of trying to get him up in the morning and out the door to seminary/school I was ready to take everything that makes his life comfortable away!!!  As the day went on, my anger faded a bit as well as the intensity of what my wrath on Trevor would be. When he came home that evening, Trevor happened to have a bouquet of tulips and some dark chocolate and a hug for ...me. The heart to heart conversation that followed was truly priceless. 
Last weekend, Gerald and I had the opportunity to visit the New Port Temple with Devin for the first time. There really aren't words to describe what my heart was feeling on March 1st, 2014. The biggest reward from that day was seeing the excitement in Devin's eyes and the eagerness he has had to learn and develop an even stronger relationship with his Heavenly Father. We have had the opportunity to teach, direct, lead, and help Devin develop into this amazing person. Then the time comes that as parents you begin learning and growing side by side with your children and it is an amazing place to be...another huge reward as a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment