June 2016

June 2016

3.11.2012

1 On 1 Time

This weekend was full of activities and not much catching up around the house time.  I look around and get lost in all that needs to be done in the house and outside.  Overwhelming at times, but I've become the master of taking care of what maters most in the moment (dishes are not a priority these days).  Instead of getting caught up on laundry, vacuuming sand off the floors, wiping dusty counter tops and ledges...

Gerald was able to spend the day with the girls and the boys and I spent the day together at Ladder Canyons for Youth Conference. I enjoyed hearing the girls talk about finishing the goat fence, walking the Palm Springs Home Show together and strolling the sidewalks in Palm Springs while trying to agree on a restaurant for lunch.  Savannah described the place as,  "A Spicy Chinese Food Place (Thai Food)".  Gerald loves his girls!

I love my boys just the same...and enjoyed hiking and watching the kids compete in team challenges while learning life lessons about team work, friendship, communication and leadership. Upon returning home, Savannah and I made a game out of doing the dishes that had been sitting in the sink for 2 days . Really couldn't have been a better day...spent just the way as it should have.  Living, loving and enjoying life together!

Funniest comment of the night~
Savannah-When we were walking the Home Show everyone kept telling Natalie how beautiful she was!
Mom- I was thinking the same thing when I saw her tonight.
Savannah - I know! They would be talking to Dad and stop in awe and comment on how gorgeous his daughter was...and then look down at me and say...oh, and you too.

I know this dialogue does not do the conversation justice, but I was on the floor in tears laughing hysterically!  Savannah is such a good sport being the youngest.  Hang in there Shrimpy...it'll all pay off one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment