June 2016

June 2016

10.30.2012

Things Overlooked Everyday

I've been transferring all our VHS and 8MM family video's to DVD.  I've had them running the past couple of weeks while I'm at home doing other things but have caught myself getting lost in old memories and getting stuck in front of the TV!  Just can't help it...you really do forget some of the sweet, tender, and hilarious memories as the years fly by.  While watching these memories, I was amazed at what I was able to pick out from the recordings.  The voices and bodies not found in front of the camera were also telling their own story. Let me explain...
Most mothers are often found behind the camera recording a special event. We get so focused on what in is front of us it's very easy to tune out everything else that transpires while being the videographer.  While watching our family on DVD not only am I reliving each special recorded event, I have been given a second chance to live the moments that were tuned out while my face was behind the camcorder! Little faces popping right in front of the camera lens wanting a little of the spotlight are no longer annoying but sweet and innocent and little voices behind the camera pleading to go to the park instead of watching the soccer game only melts my heart.  Makes me wonder what I am over looking each day while the camera is not rolling.  am I listening when they are talking? Am I looking when they say watch? Am I taking advantage of each day they are with me? If I have to ask...the answer is probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment