June 2016

June 2016

9.16.2012

And He's Off!

Devin is off and running at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo!  Feels a little empty around here and I really don't like the sight of his empty room... even more than I hated seeing dirty clothes and wet towels all over the floor. It was a whirlwind of a day driving to San Luis Obispo, getting Devin moved into his apartment,  making a timely trip to Costco, a quick trip to Target and then jumping right back in the car to drive home.  I woke up the next morning in a bit of a daze and feeling numb about everything.  I do know this however...Devin has spent the last 18 years growing some pretty strong wings and now it's time for him to fly.  We are left at home doing a little adjusting within our home but Devin is right where he should be.  That silly boy felt this Kayak was a necessity in the packing process for school. To make a long story short, This kayak made the trip from Indio to San Luis Obispo and right back to Indio.  Turns out College dorm rooms aren't quite big enough to fit one of these bad boys (I held back on the "I told you so")

No comments:

Post a Comment